MIG Welding SBU
Welding is the process of fusing materials together. In this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class, learn to use a basic metal inert gas (MIG) welder with solid wire and shielding gas to create quality weld beads on steel up to 1.2 cm (½ inch) thick. This semi-automatic method of welding (continuous consumable wire feed), also called GMAW (gas metal arc welding) and wire feed welding, offers versatility, speed, and quality. About as easy as welding gets, this is a great place for the beginner to start.
- Guided practice with the instructor
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
- MIG Welder (Link coming soon)
Class Time & Duration
- Duration: 2:30 hours
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk.
- Mandatory: Closed-toed shoes, eye protection, and short sleeves. Pull back hair, remove all jewelry, and do not wear gloves.
- Advisable: Hearing protection
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 15
- Maximum age: None!
- Each class is tailored for a specific age group. Find the class that fits your age group.
- Members who are 15 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makers Oman as a member!
- Please refer to our Minor & Shop Access Policies for more information.
- Meet 5 minutes before the class starts at Front Desk. Your instructor will meet you there to start the class.
- Makers Oman reserves the right to cancel the class if there is an insufficient number of participants.
- Registrations over the class size will be placed on a waiting list.
- Please check your contact details in your personal account, so that we can contact you in case of any changes.
* Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
|Non-Member Price: OMR 20.000|