Hand Tool Basics
This is a great skill building class for adults who are looking to familiarise themselves with these tools before undertaking a DIY project. The class is also ideal for young people who are interested in learning how these tools can empower them to build whatever they imagine, from a skate ramp to a backyard roller coaster.
In this class, you will learn how to safely operate a number of the most frequently used hand tools. Your instructor will guide you through the proper techniques to cut, shape, assemble, and finish a small project.
- Learn to safely use the equipment with hands-on learning.
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- English language skills are preferable.
- No other class prerequisites apply.
- We recommend taking Basic Woodshop SBU.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership at any point:
- Woodshop hand-held tools (Link coming soon)
Class Time & Duration
- Duration: 2:00 hours
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk.
- Mandatory: Closed-toed shoes, eye protection, and short sleeves. Pull back hair, remove all jewellery, and do not wear gloves.
- Advisable: Hearing protection, particle filter, or dust mask
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum age: None!
- Each class is tailored for a specific age group. Find the class that fits your age group.
- During class, all 12 to 14-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 12 to 14-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 15 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makers Oman as a member!
- Please refer to our Minor & Shop Access Policies for more information.
- Meet 5 minutes before the class starts at Front Desk. Your instructor will meet you there to start the class.
- Makers Oman reserves the right to cancel the class if there is an insufficient number of participants.
- Registrations over the class size will be placed on a waiting list.
- Please check your contact details in your personal account, so that we can contact you in case of any changes.
* Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
|Non-Member Price: OMR 15.000|