Metal Lathe Basics SBU
The lathe is used to create detailed cylindrical or tapered objects in plastic or metal. In this Safety and Basic Use course (SBU), learn the basic operations of metal turning on the lathe to safely select speeds, select and change cutting tools, use the digital readout, and secure work to make accurate cuts. Explore the theory of how to choose the correct cutter and speed setting.
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- English language skills are preferable.
- Successful completion of MTL103 Basic Metal Shop SBU prior to taking this class is recommended.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Duration: 3:00 hours
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk.
- Mandatory: Closed-toed shoes, eye protection, and short sleeves. Pull back hair, remove all jewelry, and do not wear gloves.
- Advisable: Hearing protection
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 15
- Maximum age: None!
- Each class is tailored for a specific age group. Find the class that fit your age group.
- Members who are 15 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makers Oman as a member!
- Meet 5 minutes before the class starts at Front Desk. Your instructor will meet you there to start the class.
- Makers Oman reserves the right to cancel the class if there is an insufficient number of participants.
- Registrations over the class size will be placed on a waiting list.
- Please check your contact details in your personal account, so that we can contact you in case of any changes.
* Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge
|Non-Member Price: OMR 25.000|