Basic Woodshop SBU
Learn the fundamentals of woodworking and how to safely operate the core woodshop tools in this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class.
Get practical, hands-on experience using the table saw, sliding compound miter saw, drill press, vertical bandsaw, and belt and disk sanders. Learn to make straight cuts (rip and crosscut), mitered cuts, curved cuts, smooth edges, and drill holes.
- Build a small wooden shelf
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- English language skills are preferable.
- No other class prerequisites apply.
- We recommend taking Hand Tool Basics.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Duration: 3:00 hours
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk.
- Mandatory: Closed-toed shoes, eye protection, and short sleeves. Pull back hair, remove all jewelry, and do not wear gloves.
- Advisable: Hearing protection, particle filter, or dust mask
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 18
- Maximum age: None!
- Each class is tailored for a specific age group. Find the class that fits your age group.
- Members who are 18 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makers Oman as a member!
- Please refer to our Minor & Shop Access Policies for more information.
- Meet 5 minutes before the class starts at Front Desk. Your instructor will meet you there to start the class.
- Makers Oman reserves the right to cancel the class if there is an insufficient number of participants.
- Registrations over the class size will be placed on a waiting list.
- Please check your contact details in your personal account, so that we can contact you in case of any changes.
* Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
|Non-Member Price: OMR 30.000|