Vacuum Forming SBU
Lots of parts can be made quickly and inexpensively with the use of a vacuum forming system.
In this Safety and Basic Use class, you will learn the parts of the vacuum forming machine and then make vacuum-formed parts. You will make a master (plug) tool from inexpensive materials like pine, foam, balsa or found objects; select plastic sheeting; and then use the created part as a "plug" to mold the final object from a heated plastic sheet with the assistance of atmospheric pressure.
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- English language skills are preferable.
- No other class prerequisites apply.
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Duration: 1:30 hours
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: None!
- Each class is tailored for a specific age group. Find the class that fit your age group.
- During class, all 8 to 11-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 8 to 11-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 12 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makers Oman as a member!
- Please refer to our Minor & Shop Access Policies for more information.
- Meet 5 minutes before the class starts at Front Desk. Your instructor will meet you there to start the class.
- Makers Oman reserves the right to cancel the class if there is an insufficient number of participants.
- Registrations over the class size will be placed on a waiting list.
- Please check your contact details in your personal account, so that we can contact you in case of any changes.
* Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
|Non-Member Price: OMR 15.000|