3D Printing: Ultimaker SBU
Quickly and easily create a physical object from a computer model by literally printing thepart as it goes. This is an easy way to prototype your parts before machining or injection moulding.
In this class, you will learn how to import, prepare and print your three-dimensional parts using the Ultimaker 3 3D Printer. We will cover the hardware of the 3D printers, the software and parameters and troubleshooting personal printers. By the end of this session, you will have all the information and knowledge necessary to use this machine for all your 3D printing needs.
This Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class is a prerequisite for the equipment and machines to be used independently in Makers Oman!
Contact the Front Desk for more information or sign up directly by booking a seat below.
- Learn to effectively use our 3D printing software and operate our machines.
- Print a small 3D part.
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
Members can use the following equipment during their membership after successfully passing this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class:
Class Time & Duration
- Duration: 2:00 hours
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: None!
- Each class is tailored for a specific age group. Find the class that fits your age group.
- During class, all 8 to 14-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 8 to 14-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 15 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at Makers Oman as a member!
- Please refer to our Minor & Shop Access Policies for more information.
- Meet 5 minutes before the class starts at Front Desk. Your instructor will meet you there to start the class.
- Makers Oman reserves the right to cancel the class if there is an insufficient number of participants.
- Registrations over the class size will be placed on a waiting list.
- Please check your contact details in your personal account, so that we can contact you in case of any changes.
* Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
|Non-Membership: OMR 15.000|