Out of respect for instructors and other students, late arrivals are not permitted to participate in class. Our classes are short, and it is unfair to make other people wait or repeat the beginning of class for a late student. If you are late, your class fees will not be refunded. If you know you will be a few minutes late, call the front desk if possible. On occasion, circumstances may allow a class to start a few minutes late for you.
- Makers Oman Members: Please bring your Identification Badge whenever you come to Makers Oman; you will need it to access the shop.
- Non-Members: If you are not a Makers Oman member, bring another form of photo ID, such as an Oman ID, driver's license or school ID.
Makers Oman wants to ensure that you build your dreams safely. For this reason, we have designated a dress code and require that safety equipment be worn in certain areas of the shop. Please read the following and dress appropriately for your class:
- Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times, in all areas.
- In areas that involve working with high temperatures, like welding, metal casting and powder coating, long-sleeved shirts and long pants are required. Clothing should be made from natural fibers or leather, so it doesn't melt if it contacts something hot.
- When using most power tools, especially drills, saws, mills and lathes, you must wear short-sleeved shirts, pull back long hair securely and remove any hanging jewellery.
- Check your class listing for mandatory and advisable safety equipment.
- Equipment or clothing listed as mandatory must be worn or used while working with that equipment or taking that class. Makers Oman will have loaner items for mandatory safety equipment, with the exception of shoes and other types of clothing. Many of these items will be for sale in the lobby; arrive early if you need to borrow or purchase safety gear.
- Equipment listed as advisable is a suggestion from Makers Oman, but not mandatory. These items are generally not available as loaners from Makers Oman. They may be for sale in the lobby.
For your own safety, you will not be allowed to attend class if your attire is deemed inappropriate. If you have any questions about your class or what to wear, please contact the Makers Oman by phone +968 71101242 or email . Additional information about required and recommended safety equipment and clothing is listed in the class description online.
Your time is important. So is everyone else's. In order to maximize the class experience, you will need to be both physically and mentally present.
- Give your phone a break… turn it off or switch it to silent mode when you get to class.
- Students who are disruptive or distracted will be asked to leave the class, and they will need to take it again.
See our Payments, Refunds and Cancellations for more information.
If we decide to change our Class Policies and Procedures policy, we will update this page and the modification date accordingly. This policy was last modified in January, 2020.
If there are any questions regarding this policy, you may contact us using the information in Contact us.